“The process in which compliance professionals supervise the online activities and presence of associates.”
Web supervision boils down to how an associate builds and leverages their online presence in order to advertise their expertise or services on the web. This would include such things as:
- • Social media accounts that represent their business or services
- • Websites or blogs created to highlight and promote their businesses
- • Social directories such as Yelp
- • Local advertising on community websites or directories
- • News stories
- • Press releases
Many firms we speak with have been attempting manual processes in order to fulfill this essential compliance requirement, but often run into barriers that make it difficult if not impossible. This includes:
- • Lack of workflows or review tracking
- • Difficulty in documenting the process and their findings
- • Reviews that are time consuming and resource intensive
- • Inability to quantify their effectiveness
To learn more contact us today or download our white paper on Web Supervision.
As we’ve met with various firms, some have wondered what we mean by “Web Supervision.” Some might view it as a tool that monitors which sites an associate is visiting or perhaps blocking them from doing so. While there are services who provide such things, we at SiteQuest view web supervision as something much different.